A unique opportunity for you to get quality fair trade products to your friends, church and community. Your friends will have the chance to buy gifts and goods of more significance than any they have bought in the past. Our posters will give them a taste of the benefits for the producer and the tags on the products will help the receivers know that they have something truly good in their hands.
Fill in this brief form to receive information via your choice of a call or e-mail.
By running a consignment you can:-
benefit the producers
understand a little about their lives
introduce Fairtrade to your friends/colleagues
enjoy a fun evening of new cultural understandings with coffee and tea tasting
begin the Fairtrade habit for some
encourage your friends think about their shopping habits and what impact they have
gain a modest benefit (sales over $500 receive 10% discount) for a fundraiser
We have made running a consignment simple so that you can focus on announcements, your talk and making sales. Running a consignment would look something like this: –
fill in the simple one page consignment form which mostly deals with timing of the event, who is responsible and how will you pay.
design your email or leaflet or announcement from our simple suggestions and advertise away
receive from us $300 worth of consumables and $800 plus of handcrafts
put together a small talk from our notes and partner information that share some of the benefits that the people on the ground received from the sale of these goods
enjoy a night of fun, information and tasting Fairtrade coffee and tea (one packet of each supplied free) in your setting.
Pack up the goods and send them back to us (if outside of Greater Sydney/Canberra) or call us to pick up the remaining handcrafts.
We will account for all the products and let you know of any outstanding amounts.
Included in the box will be:-
Handcraft products, with prices clearly marked (around $800+ of value)
Posters and display prices lists for the consumables.
Information on fair trade and our partners.
Examples of leaflets and announcement methods for you to edit as you wish
A simple and easily understood invoice to refer to that helps you know who made the products.
$300 worth of consumables which comprise coffee (15 pouches, 1 free) Chocolate (11 bars) Tea (14 packs, 1 free) cocoa and drinking chocolate. For OH&S (Occupational Health and Safety) reasons these consumables are non returnable.
This amount of product fills about one to two 2m x 1m long tables, which fits well into any stall or market situation.
"this whole process has been so easy... I will definitely do this again in the future"
Lea, Merrylands, NSW
Who takes care of /pays for delivery of the goods?
We deliver the products to your door (free of charge). At the end of the event, within Greater Sydney/ACT we will have the goods picked up by our courier at our expense. Outside of these areas we ask you to send them back via registered post then call or email to let us know they are on their way.
Do I receive any discount?
If you sell more than $500 in total you receive a 10% discount on the whole order e.g. sell $350 of handcrafted goods + $300 of consumables (a total of $650) receive a $65 discount.
Can I choose what goods I receive?
You can choose about 20 items that you specifically would like us to send. Do this by going on our website, shopping then choosing “pay by cheque” and write a note in the comments box to ask these to be sent with your consignment. Each consignment covers most of our range but we do not want you to miss out on one or two items that you specifically like. Where these products are consumables they will be non-returnable.
Here are the steps to receiving your Consignment
1. Once you have cleared the idea of educating and selling fair trade goods with your leadership go to our resources page or e-mail or phone us so we can fax, post or return e-mail our brief Consignment Agreement Form. Fill it in then post or scan or email or fax it to
Tribes and Nations, 12 Jeffs Road, Faulconbridge, NSW 2776.
phone and fax 02 4751 7071.
This form is only 1 page and deals with the logistics such as where and when to drop off and pick up the good and your deposit. This form will give you the opportunity to add any preferences you may have such as “please include more kids gear or homewares or low/high value items” or even name one specific item that you have your eye on.
2. Make your payment of $300 for the non returnable consumables via your chosen method of Credit Card, Paypal, Electronic Funds Transfer, Direct Deposit or cheque.
3. Receive the goods and check through to make sure you are clear on the contents and that they match the invoice. Read through the partner information especially to familiarise yourself with the groups.
4. Use the enclosed material to bring together a short talk then make your sales, remembering to give anyone helping a chance to read the enclosed information in order to answer any questions on Tribes and Nations, our partners and fair trade.
5. If there is another opportunity to sell at your church or office within a couple of days of the main event then make use of this time to move any remaining consumables and handcrafts.
6. No later than Wednesday of the following week carefully pack up the remaining contents, address the box to Tribes and Nations, 12 Jeffs Road, Faulconbridge, NSW 2776, then call us on 02 4751 7071 to let us know it is ready or, if you are outside of Sydney/ACT, posted back via registered post. Be sure to have a good idea how much you sold and please let us know it is on the way.
NB Keeping the goods for another event, in close proximity to the first, should be discussed with Tribes and Nations, preferably before receiving the box.
7. On receiving your box we will calculate the total sold, send you an invoice for that minus any discount you may be eligible for.
8. Send us any feedback you may have had on what sold well, what you would like to change for next time etc.
For enquiries please call us on (02) 4751 7071 or e-mail Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like an alternative to the Consignment Store in a Box you might consider becoming a Tribes and Nations Fair Trader or to invite one of our Fair Traders to your event.
" A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words" Unknown.
The poor of this world need friends, you already know the song, please sing it for those who can’t sing.
Please do call us on 02 4751 7071, to talk this opportunity through a bit more. We look forward to your call, as you join the growing movement of telling others of Poverty and the Fair Trade answer.
*Registered Post (this service costs $2.50) items receive up to $100 insurance cover (they call it compensation) and you may buy Extra Cover (insurance) at $1.20 per extra $100 of value insured.